Tuesday, September 21, 2004

We're all mad here...

Welcome, welcome.

I don't even quite know where to begin. I haven't done anything like this in ages. Since I used to write my own "Weekly" I feel somewhat complelled to pick up from there, but it was years ago and there would just be far, far to much to share in this sitting. Guess that means I'll just start here and go with whatever comes through.

I first of all will pass the buck. I am here because of my cousin. She started her own and in order to keep up with her, I had to read it which lead me doing my own. A friend of hers (I don't know that I've kept up my end of communication to still call her a friend) is also blogging so I have some inspiration, or at the very least motivation.

I am, at the moment, avoiding my schoolwork. I have a short (2 pages) research paper due tomorrow and frankly don't want to write it (or research it). It's for a class I am learning things in, but get insane ammounts of work for what we learn. I'd much rather put in that effort into dozens of other things, one of which being my Japanese class. I do put crazy-mad time into that already, but it never seems like enough. I shouldn't complain I did alright on our first test. We'll see how tomorrow's test goes. So anyhow, school -- I'm in school. This may not seem like much to most of you, but then you may not realize I haven't been in school for ages. I think it was '95 or so the last time I was a full-time student and it was more like I was just enrolled as a full time student for I certainly didn't act the part.

After working a year and a half in retail again I decided that I really wanted to do something more with my life. Some people really love retail sales, I once had a manager who had been doing it for 17 years when I knew her. More power to her for that, but it isn't for me as a career. About the only way to change that is to get an education, or at least a little piece of paper that says I got that education. So here I am, back in school and for the first time in probably close to 2 decades, I like being in school.

So what am I going to do with it? That, of course, is the trick. I am hoping to do something with language or linguistics. Alas, ASU doesn't have a full-fledged linguistics program. All they have is an English Degree with a Linguistics focus. As I don't want to move to Tuscon, I will probably end up doing that when I move on from MCC (yeah, community college but HEY, it's a good place to learn to be a student again). Unless I decide to major in a foreign language, it seems my options are limited. Time will tell.

Well gang, that seems like a place to start at least. I do need to get working on this paper because I also need to study for a test as well.

As my dear, fictional character friend Cowin of Amber said:
"Good-bye and hello, as always."

~G

2 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

Wow, the things you learn about your family as time goes on. Godzilla's my first cousin! Whodathunkit? Well, fire-breathing reptile or no, blood is blood, and we G's have gotta stick together in this crazy world. Glad you want to keep pace with me. (Don't worry, I'm a slowpoke; you'll have no trouble.) I'm sure I'll feel much safer now knowing there's a big scaley superhero, my own relative, out there keeping the country safe from wierd destructo-critters. BTW, congrats on your excellent marks in Japanese. Must be a pretty decent community college if they're offering Asian languages. Talk to you later, cuz. Ya smarty. Go do your homework.

September 21, 2004 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Godzilla said...

Ha! Who knew you were a little economy car, Cousin? *smile* Aye, I've been Godzilla for a while now. Your friendly neighborhood radioactive reptile, amphbian of amphibians, Gojira! Maybe my love of Godzilla and monster (man in rubber suit) movies in general is one reason I wanted to study Japanese. Go Toho Productions! Down with the American-made Giant Radioactive Iguana starring in Jurassic Park 2½! Writing this little note reminds me I haven't talked to my pal Taylor (King-Kong) in a while. Guess I'll drop him a line. *waves*

September 22, 2004 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home