Wednesday, September 22, 2004

You're Just a Pack of Cards

Hi there again. I had written earlier today but in the vargaries of computer land everything went out the window and I didnt' feel like retyping it. I don't actually feel like retelling that particular story right now again either so we'll have something new instead.

On the 21st, a book was released. It is the final volume of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Oddly enough *cough* the book is eponymously entitled The Dark Tower. While I am not a big King fan, this one particular series I rather enjoy. It isn't a supernatural horror type, more of a High Fantasy and to me is really King's Opus. His Masterwork that ties everything together, if you will. I've barely had time to read it with what's been going on the last 48 (or so) hours. I hope to finish it up tomorrow, my short day at school. (More on that in a bit.)

Of course another classic of Western Civilization came out on the 21st. I may have only been 5 years old when it came out, but Star Wars captured my imagination and my heart then and have stayed there ever since. I even like the new ones. I played them all yesterday, but didn't really watch them. I was rather busy getting a load of work and study done, but that's okay because in the long run that schooling will more than make up for not actually sitting down and watching the Star Wars dvds the day of release.

So I mentioned tomorrow being my short day. Strangely enough I only have one class on Thursdays: Japanese 101. And tomorrow is our one-on-one speaking test with our instructor which is scheduled for 5 minutes each. Imagine that -- I am going to drive 12 miles each way for a 5 minute test tomorrow. Craziness. I will probably hang out on campus and go to the Foreign Language Lab and do at least an hour in there which has to be done sometime before the end of next week -- but even so tomorrow should be a fairly short day. Say thankya for that because I certainly need a bit of a break so I can read this new book, watch some Star Wars and generally unwind from another busy, busy week. Afterall, we start Kanji on Friday.

Mayhaps I'll scribble via the keyboard some more later. As it goes right now, I've got 10 possible Japanese dialogues I need to hash and rehash until I can say them in my sleep.

From the other side of the rainbow,

~Godzilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home