Saturday, September 25, 2004

You are old, Father William

Morning.

While I may not be Father William (or his son) and I am certainly not really all that old. I do feel it from time to time. After last night's exertions I am feeling a little bit old. *nods*

After the problem calling the young woman mentioned yesterday, I was kickin' around the house not doing much of anything. One of my roomies asked me if I was going to a party. Being the hermit I am hadn't heard about it, but since he invited me to go, I went. Why not? Sure the only person there I really knew was him, but hey, I met some new people.

We arrived and lo, a pool. Alas, I wasn't properly dressed for that. And wouldn't ya know it, the whole thing was a perfect, perfect setup for juggling. They had those tiki torch things all over and it was kind of Hawaiian or at least South Pacific themed, so what better than throwing a bunch of flaming sticks around in a juggling manner? Well, I wasn't prepared for that either. So I meandered a bit and finally got my roomies keys to run home. Changed and my box o' goodies in hand I returned.

I don't know what it is about juggling, but people seem to like it. They seem to think it is some sort of feat of skill when all it really is ends up being lots of backbreaking hours of practice. Not really, sure it takes practice, but it doesn't take hundreds of hours or anything. As it goes, the torches were a hit, but everyone wanted to see the knives. I like to do those too, but torches are the most fun. It was awfully dark to do the black handled juggling knives, but with others holding a lighted torch around the perimiter it worked. So after months of not-juggling I got to show off a little bit and wear my arms out. To top that off, there were HOURS in the pool. Sure, sure, I wasn't swimming laps but even just horsing around you get some exercise.

I was trying to watch Godzilla vs the Sea Monster when I got back (you know the one with the secret Nuclear testing and the gianl Lobstrosity? Heck, even my old Pal Mothra shows up.) from the party, alas, I couldn't stay awake. I was just too tired from all my pety exertions so off to the land of Nod I went.

No real plans today (can't call that gal as her phone number hasn't changed on the list overnight). I'll probably visit the mall to check out the ol' bookstore and see what's up even if I can't afford anything new. As for my dear cousin's suggestion to call someone else-- Geo, there really isn't anyone else that I would feel comfortable calling. So if I see ya later today I do. If not, you can always go dig up Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla or another of my 20+ films and enjoy a day of Monster Mayhem.

-- ゴジラ
(by the by are you folks seeing the Japanese characters there or what?)

1 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

No Japanese, but definitely a character. Love ya!

September 25, 2004 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home