Sunday, September 26, 2004

Whiffling Through the Tulgey Wood

Hello there again. Quite frankly I'm not quite sure what "whiffling" is, but if it's anything like "stompin'" then that Jaberwock better stay out of my territory. But then again I seem to invade Wonderland on a regular basis so I suppose it's alright if he visits. The real problem as I see it is that it feels like something has gone whiffling through my tummy in the last 8 hours. Blarg. I have never been sea, air, car or otherwise motionsick in my life that I am aware of. I suspect it feels something like this. I do so hope it goes away, I have church meetings in a couple of hours.

So I had this dream -- don't expect to make any sense of it, though it was strange. There I was in a nearly empty theatre. There were a mere 4 of us. Me, a dad and his two little girls. For some reason I was sitting between the Dad and his children. And when I say little they were like 4 and 6. Now this is strange in and of itself and why that Dad would allow such a thing is beyond me. However, what is even more strange about it.... I was in the middle of the theatre!! For more than 13 years now I have sat in the front row. One or two seats left of center is my perfect spot. Grumble all you like about the front row, I love it. I don't end up with neckaches either. Maybe it's the years of practice. Okay so back to this dream. We were there and were going to watch Batman Forever. Why we'd be watching that is also beyond me. I will admit a long time movie-going crush on Nicole Kidman, but to pull out that particular movie from my subconscious was a bit odd.

The lights dim, the movie starts and not very long into it everything stops the lights come on, and there are three members of the management there. The Dad starts talking to them about switching movies because his little girls don't like it. They wanted to know what he was thinking bringing such young children to a Batman movie. In the end they got it all worked out and that's as much as I remember. As I said -- strange.

So what was the point of sharing all that with you - frankly I'm not sure but I wanted to put it down somewhere because I don't often remember dreams, especially with any sort of clarity so I figured I'd at least make note of it. Dreaming and dreams are such an interesting thing that we really don't seem to know much about. I did a paper way back when I was a Freshman at BYU on REM sleep and Dreams. I would hope we've learned something more in the sucessive years, but I'll bet we really aren't any closer to knowing just where dreams come from or what purpose they serve. I do believe in prophetic and communicative dreams. Scripture has told us that God has spoken to prophets through dreams. Though I don't think every dream we have comes from our Heavenly Father. Course even as much as we start to understand things from scientific means it doesn't mean we really know what's going on.

Sorry that (some of) you can't see the Japanese characters. Maybe it's a font issue. All I'm doing is putting in gojira, which is of course Godzilla's name in Japan. I do have to admit I was a bit surprised to see that it was in Katakana, but that's okay. I am still amazed that I can read some Japanese at all. Even a month ago it would have just looked a total mess to me.

So for now I'll sign off. Until later my friends!

-Godzilla/ Gojira/ ゴジラ

---

Addendum - so at church today we got new ward lists with updated phone numbers. Well that's the theory. Good thing I talked to her and told her the story first and got her number before I got the list or I'd have just tried that some time and found the number was input incorrectly. Anyhow I've got it correctly and should be able to call sometime. Now I just have to wait for the hermit instinct to give way again... that could be another 3 months. It's very much ingrained in me. Time will tell wish me luck.

~G

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

many, many wishes of luck going your way, friend!

September 27, 2004 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Godzilla said...

No, Friend Kong, 'twasn't you and your Lil'uns. I don't know who it was, but I can tell you for sure it wasn't you. Front Row Joes Unite!

September 27, 2004 at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home