Thursday, January 27, 2005

Do they always come in threes?

So what was it? A week ago? Whenever it was, it was recent that I heard about and from a gal I knew long ago and haven't been in touch with for quite some time. Last night I needed a break from what I was doing (not studying, alas) and felt like I might go to my old stompin' ground. Then I said, naw, I don't want to drive over there. But felt again like I ought to so I threw on some footwear, grabbed the keys and headed out to EB Games.

Lo and behold when I get there, not only is my pal John working whom I haven't seen for around 2 weeks, but someone else. A regular at the store who I haven't seen in almost a year because I haven't worked there. One whom I have to admit I always have had something of a small crush on. Anyhow, was very nice to see her and her brother and son again. I even suggested that perhaps we could kick around town sometime, but that would require a phone number. So she gave it to me. So who knows maybe I'll have a "date" sometime this year.

So what if they come in threes? Who else out there from my past is single still (or again)? I wonder... what if it's someone who was far too young when I first knew them but would now be 27 or 28. Hrm. That's not that bad. Course I cold just be dreaming, wishing or otherwise speculating on the improbabilities of life. So any of you single women who are reading this and remember some guy you knew from 1 to 10 years ago -- give him a call, e-mail or something to see what he's up to. Who knows, he may just be thinking about you.

Glad it's Thursday. Means I don't really haven any work due tomorrow, just study. This is good because I'm tired today. Not 100% sure why as I went to bed at 10:30 last night. Maybe it's just because I am once again using more mental power than I did over the whole winter break. Speaking of which -- forget being PC, Christmas Break, darn it. What ever happened to that? Someone probably took offense to it because they weren't Christian so the rest of us who are have to suffer. I am feeling discriminated against because we don't get to call it Christmas Vacation anymore. So enough of the tangent -- since there is little "work" to do today/tonight I will be able to relax a bit and play or sleep or whatever. (Course what I ought to be doing is finding a job.)

Well even though no two clocks on this campus are remotely close to each other, I'm going to trust my watch which tells me it's time to get to class. If I see ya later, bien. If not, muy bien. Hehe. Whatever the case, rest assure that some nuclear power plant is feeling the fear of the Godzilla... maybe that's why I'm tired, I haven't recharged by destroying a town in a while.

Hasta la proxima vez!

~G

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On my way home from school today my car started shaking and vibrating really badly. Wasn't pulling to the left or right but I really felt like I was going to shake myself to pieces. So I stopped in at the tire store to see if it was an alignment or balance issue. Lucky me -- one of my tires had almost shredded and another was in bad shape. So I got there safe, thank goodness, but had to shell out some dough to get it fixed. Alas, better safe than dead in this case. Heya?

So since I was shelling out for tires already I figured I'd eat out for lunch too. Tried out the Mongolian BBQ. Strange thing that. A sort of Chinese Stir Fry meal, hispanic cook and country music being played. Talk about a mix of cultures. I really didn't know where I was. Not something I will choose to repeat often. A> too expensive, b> food was mediocre, c> I really don't like country. Ah well, I studied my Japanese while waiting and am now full so I guess it's all good. Just couldn't pass up sharing the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home