Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Long Day Ahead

Well last night I got home and after doing some stuff got on and wrote a paragraph or two about yesterday, apparently I didn't save it or publish it. Así es la vida. Guess that's the way it goes.

So yeah, yesterday, TUESDAY. I'm pokin along typing on the blog. First day of school, it's Monday right? So my brain was telling me (hence why I shouldn't listen to it -- bad for my health, ya know). But as I'm writing about my long day, Wednesday, I realize that it really wasn't Monday, but Tuesday. Yikes. So I was a few minutes late to my Lit Post 1800 class. Not a huge deal being the first day (we even got out 20 minutes early too) but I don't want to make a habit of it. And of course I didn't have my text book since I was on the wrong day, so I had to do some reading at home (and have a bit left) but that's okay, it all worked out.

So today is my long day. Why? Well, I've decided I'm going to try and get to school by 8 every day. Not quite 7 like last year. My earliest class is 9 am on TR, so that gives me a little time there but MWF is 2 hours. 1 to 2 hours where I'm not distracted by the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, World of Warcraft or anything else at home. That's 8 hours a week (give or take time to unpack the bag, pack it up and get to class) where hopefully I will just do homework or study most of it. Sure, I'm blogging now, and did before (and probably will again) but I did do 2 hours of HW this morning already and as I said this is my long day. Let's look at it.

8-10 Library
10-11 Japanese
11-1 Library
1-2 Future Studies
2-7 Lunch and whatever else (ie Library)
7-10 English 200

that doesn't include getting up at 6:30, leaving the house at 7:30 or getting home at 10:30. Like I said, a pretty long day and as you can see there is a good 9 hours during the day when I'm not in class but am not at home or traveling either. I figure that will be put to pretty good use throughout the semester. I hope so anyway. Also means I'm gone from home like 14-15 hours each Wednesday. *nods* You are beginning to get the picture.

So what else is new -- well, I got an e-mail forwaded from one of my many brother's yesterday. Apparently one of those HS websites has information for this brother, though I don't know how it got there and someone we knew wrote him. He passed it along. It has probably been arbout a decade since I've talked to her. It was a surprise to see it, I do hope she chooses to write back since I am curious as to what she's been up to. You all know my life is pretty dull with school, school, school these days (though for some reason I can babble on about it for ages).

Well I suppose as I have 1½ hours or so before class I'll go read some more of the poetry that's been assigned and do some Japanese work. Mayhaps I'll try and pop back on and tell you about Future Studies. Until next time--

~Gojira

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

About 20 minutes until my English class. I have been over my Kanji for the quiz tomorrow and wrote them all out a few times as well as worked on vocab and whatnot so I think I'm pretty much done with the ol' homework gig today. Good thing too cause I'm beat. Don't know how I'm going to make it through tonight but I will.

So I wrote Chad an e-mail and here was the gist of it:

Not sure about this class, or if I even need it.  I

signed up so I could get at least 12 credit hours, but
I don't know if I am going to be using student loans
for this term anyway as I've already got it covered.
If not I should be able to drop to 11 with no
financial aid issues. Right?

Here's the thing -- from a religionist standpoint, I'm
not sure I am capable of giving this guy what he's
looking for. Of course we just had our first class
today so how am I supposed to know that? I will
certainly go Friday to see what it's like.

No tests. No big homework. No final. Well not
exactly. It's just one paper we write and that's it.
Of course he didn't spend much time talking about that
so I don't know if it's a big paper, a small paper,
etc. If it's some 20 page thing I don't know...

The ideas he presented today are identifying trends
and look at possible ways that they may affect the
future. All in all, it might work out very well, I'm
just not sure. If it is just a reasonable paper and a
few reading assignments I am not going to stress over
the workload. It's just how open is he going to be to
comparing everything to the Word?
All in all, I'm not really sure what to think of the class. We will be reading the two books that were listed in the bookstore, but not really "studying" them or that sort of thing. Just a strange class and I don't know what to think about it. I do have until next Tuesday to drop it for a full refund so I suppose I'll be hitting Friday as I said and if I haven't decided by then, I'll go Monday too. If I haven't found some reason to stay in the class by then I don't think I will. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Oh, I did get an e-mail back from the "someone" mentioned above. It was fun to hear from this person. Sounded like things are well. Was (and is) a bit hard to know where to begin talking to them after all this time because I didn't remember what had been said last. Ah well, I'm sure we'll catch up. Funny how life throws people your way once upon a time and then years and years later after you've drifted apart some random chance seems to cause you to collide again.

Guess I'll go before I ramble *too* much. Hasta tacos!

~G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home