Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Sky is Falling

Okay, so maybe not exactly, but I wouldn't mind dropping a house on someone after my own personal tornado ran through town. Why? Well, yesterday is Physics Lab day for me. I show up, my lab group shows up, other lab groups show up. Our lab instructor doesn't show up. After some 45 minutes of working on our lab without the least bit of help but seemingly starting to make sense of it -- we got a visitor who told us we had to leave. Not could, but *had* to. Wish I'd got her name but alas, I didn't. So we're in class today and our teacher tells us that we had to make up the lab. US? The ones who showed up at our scheduled time and were working on our lab. *WE* have to find extra time to get into the lab? Excuse me? How is it we get penalized for our lab insturctor not showing up and being told to leave? None of my lab group is very happy about it and we've decied we're just going to blow this lab off. Tough beans. If our teacher decides to take issue with it, so be it. We've made our choice. She will drop our lowest lab score, though I still feel it unfair to get a zero when I was there, ready and willing to do my work and was told to leave.

Okay, rant over. Mostly. The news is 8 hours old and still gets my goat when I think about it. So I'll not think about it for now.

Well it appears as if the election is over. Least that's what I'm seeing in the headlines that Kerry conceded the Ohio votes to President Bush. I am glad it is done. I don't think waiting would have changed anything, and wouldn't even mind having waited. Let's just not go through the nonsense of several recounts we did 4 years ago. Whomever you voted for, I want to say thanks for voting. I never cease to be amazed at how many people just don't care.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I went to bed at 10ish and laid there for a while, got up and watched Santa Clause 2 'cause I'd enver seen it. Midnightish I still wasn't sleepy. So I decied to read a little bit. Instead of reading the novel I've been reading, I pulled out Tai-Pan by James Clavell. If I had to pick a single favorite novel in the world, it would be this one. It is a historical fiction about the beginnings of Hong Kong following the story of Dirk Struan and his company. It is the time of opium smuggling, the Chartists, the Tea Clippers, and the beginnings of steam engines. I first read this book back in 7th grade or so, I was about 12. So for the last 20 years it has been a favorite of mine. Clavell tells a story in a way many others do not. The sequel to this is called Noble House and follows the company 150 years later in the 1960s. Aside from the prologue, the rest of the book (over 1300 pages) covers a mere 8 days. Incredible. Anyhow, I'm already 200 pages into Tai-Pan again. I do so dig it.

Whelperz, I think I'm going to go read a little more, or play a bit of a game. I have got my HW done for tomorrow. YAY!

See ya next time!

~Gojira

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home