Saturday, November 06, 2004

Out of the Mines of Moria

So I missed Friday. You'll never guess why. Okay so maybe you will but just in case you don't here's why -- I was asleep. Not through the whole day, alas, but I went to bed at 8:30 last night. Why fight it, I thought. If my body is telling me that strongly that I need sleep and it seems willing to actually GO TO SLEEP -- I wasn't going to argue. One potty break about 2 in the morning and the next time I looked at the clock it was 7:30. 11 hours, gang and boy did I seem to need it. I wonder why? Maybe I wasn't (am not) as fully recovred from the claws of the illness I was suffering from last weekend and not being able to sleep or sleep well during the week certainly hasn't helped. Whatever the case -- I finally got some sleep. Too bad isn't a bit more regular.

Not a lot to report. I am very glad it was a slow homework week because of the whole bleah thing that was going on this whole week. I do have a computer project (or two [have to check the schedule]) due Monday, but neither should be very hard and if it is two one of them is more than halfway done. Japanese is just study. I do have one physics homework problem that shouldn't be too bad as we did it in lab 2 weeks ago. Funny thing that -- get your lab done when your lab instructor shows up.

Had a chat this week with my roommate, Joe. He and I were discussing why it is, or seems to us at least, why so many people seem to think that a> being single is a problem and b> that the solution to this problem is to do no more than introduce us to any other single person. "Oh look, there's my [niece, sister, 2nd cousin once removed, whatever] she's single. You two should hook up." As if that's all there is to it. Maybe in a perfect world where we all have perfect charity toward each other where those personality conflicts, differences in tastes and socio-economic backgrounds, et al. are unimportant. Maybe then might any two people be able to get together. Alas, in this mortal realm with all it's imperfections -- there seems to be a bit more to it than that. We at least agreed that things don't really work that way and perhaps they do it because they just see the issue of being single in it's simplist form. She's single + He's single. Get them together and then neither is single. 2 problems solved. Pity that they have to see it (or really US) as a problem.

I guess I'll be off. If not that homework, there is laundry that needs to be done. Mayhaps I'll be back later today but if not -- see ya next time.

~G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home