Thursday, February 03, 2005

Love of Money is the Root of All Evil

I've a decision to make.

I have to make a choice about money. I hate money. I wish I didn't have to worry about money 'cause all it does it cause problems. Alas, the only way to not worry about it is have so much of it that it no longer means anything to you. I'm not likely to ever be in that siutation so I get the mortal and temporal joys and pains of coping with money.

Aside from needing to find a job -- which I have recently worked on -- I have the option of picking up a student loan or two that were to cover this term but would have come to late to pay the bills so I already got a loan from another source to cover that. In otherwords, I'm already in debt for school. That being said -- do I pick up one or the other of the loans?

What if this job I'm hoping for doesn't come through? How am I going to pay rent? Gas to get to school? There are no work-study dollars available this term. My financial aid paperwork went in far too late to get any. I need to get my taxes done so I can get the 05-06 FAFSA paperwork in and how to see what I can qualify for soonest. Having the loan(s) would allow me to survive if the job market decides it doesn't want me. Heck, if I can be as frugal as I have been lately, I might even be able to hang on to enough to pay most of next Fall's tuition/books. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head? Then I wouldn't have to get a loan for that.

I know, I am kind of tossing my problem out there for the general public (though only a few people I know of actually read my ramblings. Certainly saves me from having to send out several e-mails soliciting opinions sometimes -- thanks guys, especially for your comments public or private). I have to say this place isn't just for the public, it is somewhat theraputic for me to just sit and write. It often has been. Instead of a handwritten "journal" (though that still happens sometimes) I kind of have this place now so I can rant and rave or just mumble.

That's my latest quandry. Just have no idea what to do. Having paid off a debt before I am aware of what it takes to pay one off. I certainly hope I am preparing by getting an education to facilitate paying it off easier than working at a $6/hr job. Whatever way a debt is accruedd , it is an obligation, like a ball and chain that hangs on to you. I would prefer not to pick up any unnecessary debt to add to those chains. Know what I mean?

Guess that'll do it for now. Class starts in about 20 minutes. Suppose I could read some more Sagan for Future Studies. From the ruins of Tokyo this is Godzilla, signing off.

~G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home