Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright

Hey gang. Here I am in front of a machine that would probably drive the Romantic Poets sane. Might even have brough Coleridge out of his Opium dreams long enough to say something if he'd know about them. There are, as always, things I could be doing. However, I have all of the stuff due today done already so I thought I'd take a few minutes and write here because it's been a couple of days.

We got our first writing assignment for Lit yesterday and I am a bit beside myself with worry. I don't know how I'm going to cope with 4-5 pages of actually having to write about Romantic Poetry (from the 4 topics to choose from). I am sure I'll manage, but it's a little bit of a stress because I am so clueless when it comes to poetry. I sit in class and start to see things when we talk about them, but when reading on my own I don't really see how the Tyger is industrial England and that's such a bad, awful, scary thing. So I don't know how I'm going to write about it, but I will. If any of you are well versed in the Romantic Poets -- well Wordsworth, Blake or Coleridge anyway, we haven't touched Byron or Shelly (in class) yet, drop me a line cause I certainly wouldn't mind some help.

On the way home from school yesterday I saw on a Travelodge Suites marquee "NOW HIRING". So I turned around, went in to find out what was up and was handed and application. The gal at the desk, nice as she was, didn't know anything about the positions. So I filled it out as best I could without bringing any info with me (will have to call with a correct phone number today cause I put the wrong one down for an old job). I really, really need to get a job, so if you've got a smidge of faith to spare, I wouldn't mind a prayer or three on my behalf. There is no work-study available because I got in the 04-05 financial aid paperwork in far too late. I need to get my taxes done so I can work on my 05-06 paperwork and how.

I haven't really told anyone, but Grandpa Fred is having some problems. He has had some tests done and results are due back sometime relatively soon. We're all a bit concerned about it. I think he is too. He's lost a lot of weight and is generally just not well. We're all praying for him too. I am sure he'd love to see Hope again in the next life, but most of us aren't really ready to head there it seems. I'd be awfully scared to have to go today, or even in the next couple of months. Not that I'm worried about my own mortality, in that sense I'm still an invincible teenager, but when I get to thinking about just how imperfect I am and how much repenting I feel I need to do.... Anyhow, it's helped remind me to get on my knees sometimes so I guess that's a good thing.

Ya know, I haven't finished a book since school started. When I do have some free time I have been playing a little bit of World of Warcraft. There is a game out in 2 weeks (Xenosaga, p2) that I am interested in and another due out in April (Final Fantasy XII). I wonder if I'll have time to go through them. Since I've been trading in some old games I am not playing any more money isn't the issue because I'm not actually spending any. Time, time, time is the issue. Of course both are Role-Playing Games which tend to be more time consuming and involved than your average shooter or fighter. But then that's why I tend to like them -- big, epic stories. Imagine that, someone who likes to read enjoyes story? Amazing. Heh. Anyhow, we'll see what happens.

Guess I'll go do something else that needs doing, either more reading of my Future Studies book, or trying to get a start on my writing assignment, or perhaps even a review of some of the principles we've been going over in Japanese. I'll see ya when I see ya.

~G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home