Sunday, September 14, 2008

Godzilla being social?







Years. Wow. Years it appears to be.

I am not going to promise I am going to be here all the time, cause I am not ready to make such a promise, but I am thinking perhaps I *ought* to be here a bit more often so we shall see. On the way home from my brother's place tonight I considered it and blew it off... and wouldn't you know it, this same evening my brother-in-law suggested I should update my blog.

So anyhow, here I am. And what a place to begin.

Set back the clock a few weeks (rather than the years you haven't been reading about) to the middle of July. I was over in California for a bit of vacation before taking a keyholder job at the game store. It was planned that I was going to Disneyland with my HS friend, Andy, on Wednesday and kind of jokingly I sent a message to a friend of mine in AZ telling her if she wanted to come out I'd take her to Disney. I wouldn't have sent it had I not been willing to follow through, but have to admit I was a bit surprised (thrilled, mind you but surprised nonetheless) when she actually came over.

So Quincy came out to CA from the 'Zona and the three of us went to Disneyland on the 16th. We had a very good day. There were times when I was kinda wishing it was just the two of us, but had already planned the day with Andy so couldn't just tell him to go away. He did go see a show so we had a few hours alone. Either way, was a fun day. We met a mother and daughter from Spokane who were there for the first time and got to play tour guide which was immensely fun for me. I really hope we were able to make their trip more enjoyable.

So anyhow, after 16 hours or so at Disneyland and being extremely beat, we headed home. That was the beginning of "dating" Quincy. The rest of the week we ran around various haunts. It was a little difficult as my car was in the shop so we had to borrow the folks' car, but it worked. We had a nice time and a nice safe drive back to the 'Zona.

Believe it or not, this Godzilla was (and is) actually social. It can be a wonderful thing. It has been a few weeks so there is more to say, but that will have to wait. Until then....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home