Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I Was Dancin' With My Baby In Summer Rain

Okay, so it's not quite summer, and the rain seems to have stopped, though it's been a very, very wet year so far... but things are good. Katrina can sing about "Walkin' on sunshine" all she wants.

SPRING BREAK! Booyakalaka!

Though I do have homework, and have even done some of it, I am very thankful this week is spring break. I needed a few days off from killing myself over school. Though death seems to keep knocking on my door. I tell ya, invite him over for a ginger beer once and he never leaves a alone.

The story goes -- took the car in for some repairs. New seat as mine was shredding, the boots on the axle needed replacing, oil change, my back window, driver's side mirror... all things that keep the car running and make it more safe really... which is why I was willing to spend student loan money on it. So I pack up the bike (which hasn't been used nearly as much as it should have been) and head over to the shop. Figure the library at school will be open for a while, even during spring break (and I was right). Drop the car off, expect no later than 3pm to have it done. I go work on hw and stuff and by 3... not done. Tired of spending 50 cents on 5 second phone calls so I just rode back to the shop after the last hour... at ΒΌ past 4 the shop is closed up. Oh crud. So I resign myself to it and start pedaling.

I managed to ride all the way home (well I walked some of it cause my tush got very, very sore). I guess I can make a 12 mile ride in a day. I was beat, sore, and a bit grumpy, but alive. So I called the shop and wouldn't ya know at like 6 he answers the phone. My car's done. Zoinks. After I made the ride home. He had gone to the bank. Of all the looney things. Anyhow, he came and picked me up so I did get my car back, but blast I made the ride for nothing. Surprisingly enough -- two days later I am not lying in traction... I am a little stiff, but not nearly as bad as I expected to be.

So this week, aside from the remaining HW, I have to get the car reregistered, taxes done, insurance paid, and slip out to Phoenix about a job. I should be able to do all of that in the next couple of days. *nods*

Time to get back to enjoying my vacation a bit....

Hasta!

~G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home