Saturday, April 30, 2005

*le sigh*

I had high hopes for this weekend... at least that I would actually accomplish something. I've got plenty of schoolwork that needs doing and I'll have to get to it, because there's no time left NOT to do it. I planned (and did -- see below) to go see the New Hitchhiker's film. Get a bit of reading and gaming in as well. So let's see what's happened so far...

Hitchhiker's Guide, the movie. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but I won't be running out to buy this one any time soon. I am pretty particular about making books into movies, maybe too much so. I am sure some fans will love it, because it does have that same humor, even when it's not the book. I suppose I ought not be so picky about it because Douglas himself was writing the screenplay before he died, so the creator put it in... but it's not the novel. Ah well, I maintain that if you are a fan you see it at your own risk. I did enjoy a couple of cameo appeances. The BBC Marvin, though he didn't speak, and Simon Jones who played Arthur Dent in the BBC series. Speaking of the BBC series do yourself a favor and pick it up. Maybe I should dig up the radio version.

The phone was ringing just as I was going to bed, didn't really want to answer it so I let it go. Wouldn't ya know it, I find out this morning, it was my Dad telling me my grandfather was in the hospital pretty well comatose and not in very good shape. I tell ya, quite a ding to my weekend.

Grandpa's had diabetes for ... well, as long as I can remember he's had to watch what he's eaten. He's also been a little notorious for cheating on that. He's had to go to the hospital a few other times for as little as drinking a 12oz can of normal soda pop. I gather, from the e-mail Dad sent, he was found with pudding and OJ on his counter and had reached for the phone and got it off the hook before his collapse.

As it goes -- it doesn't look good, at least from the statistics Dad reported.

So I did see the movie, I still have loads of things to do/ study for school. But frankly, I just want to hide in a closet right now. Pray for me, and my grandpa, gang. We both, it seems, need all the help we can get.

~G

PS -- Happy Birthday Khristine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home