Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Walls Came A Tumblin' Down

Ugh.

Rough day. Rough week really, but today the cookies crumbled, the ship sank, the tire popped, and Humpty-Dumpty fell off the wall.

It appears that a good 90% of the Japanese class completely, totally and utterly bombed our vocab quiz today. Yes, I was one of those 90%. I couldn't remember half of them. They all sounded familiar but I couldn't tell you what they were to save my life. Nothing was coming to me. Sensee was very surprised, you could tell as she collected the papers at how many blank spots were on the pages. Mind you, in the last 2 weeks we've had like 5 people drop out. We're supposed to be the ones who can cut it. This chapter, however, has been the most work so far and it's been hard trying to keep up and assimilate it. We talked her into giving us a quiz on smaller ammounts of vocab at a time and it might help us remember it better -- use it more often or something.

I can't even blame my game, it didn't come in. It isn't even here today which is really strange. So I don't have that excuse. I can say that 3 hours worth of computer projects took up time that didn't need to be as of yet. Our instructor told us all 3 were due today. No, just the first one. *le sigh* [The good news from that is I have no computer homework all weekend - course I have LOADS of Japanese workbook pages to do.] So there was lost vocab study time... though it just hasn't sunk in no matter how much I pound on it. I wrote them out 10 times each in Japanese and English repeating them to myself each time, usually twice for each writing. No go. Guess I'll keep at it. Also trying to think of sentences to fit it all together so mayhaps I'll remember better. I also wrote them out on a folded page to try and quiz myself tonight and recorded each one on tape and have been playing it back to myself. Somewhere along the line I will assimilate it.

Top that off with Waveforms in physics which I'm just not down with. What I do know about them I seem to have known for a while, but my terminology is all outta whack which will take some serious readjustment.

Like I said, rough day. I was hoping that game would show up today because it's a fighting game (one-on-one or tag-team) and so I was kind of hoping to pummel some game AI opponents and let off some steam. Ha. Oh well, guess I'll have to find another way to do it.

So why didn't I write yesterday? Well, just another straw on the camel's back, you see. Blogspot just wasn't letting me anywhere near my account (or anyone else's blog for that matter.) I could neither read nor post. I tried several times and it would just sit attempting to connect until I finally got fed up and shut it down hours later. Yes, hours. Not sure what's up with that, but that's why I missed yesterday.

Tomorrow we are told it's going to rain. I generally like rain, but I haven't ridden the last couple of days and if it does rain tomorrow I'm not likely to ride then either. I need to keep up with it a lot better than I have been.

Sorry to be so down, it has been a rough gig of late. As my dear Cousin counted blessings when things were tough, I think I need to myself. Forgive me if I don't make it public at this time, but I think I am going to call it a night here and do a bit of self-introspection before I review the vocab yet again.

Today's Score -- Tokyo 10, Gojia 0. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

~G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home