Friday, October 22, 2004

Shoes and Ships and Sealing Wax

Another long weekend ahead of the ol' Radioactive Reptile. I should be working on my stuff right now instead of blogging. Another afternoon nap threw me for a loop. I couldn't go 3 days without a bike ride. After my physics test I felt like I needed a little bit of a break, but all in all it's going to hit me over the head like a hammer tomorrow.

Speaking of that test -- maybe this will finally clear it out of my system (probably not, but maybe). I know I missed one. *grumbles* I'm really quite irritated about it. I had it correct. But I changed it. Why? Well, my gut instinct in class for the last two weeks haven't been exactly on the ball and it had something in the problem that could have changed it. So I came up with what sounded like a feasible way to talk myself out of it. Bad I idea. I've been grumpy about it ever since because I *know* the concept. Gases at cooler temps are more dense hence will have more molecules per unit volume than hotter ones. DUH. Whatever -- I goofed it up. I'm more irritated at myself than at the test. I don't like trick questions, but this was probably more me. And I am mostly grumpy that I had it correct and changed it like a doofus. Okay, that's public now. No, I don't feel much better about it but I'm no longer smashing my fist into dekstops so that's a good sign. *crosses fingers* for the rest of the test. 1 of 15 won't kill my grade if I did well with the rest of it.

Nap or not, I'm feeling a bit like napping again. Sure it's the weekend but I'll probably still be up fairly early... silly thing called a schedule. Amazing how that works. So I best close this off and get ready for the ol' naptime. Before I go, another tribute to one of my family--

My family shoutout tonight goes out to my Brother Brett. Brett is married to a lovely lady named Marsha, alas, I have't spent a lot of time with them so I can't really share a lot of experiences about them together so this is mostly going to be about Brett. I do thank Marsha for making Brett has happy as I'd seen him in many years. Brett, whether he likes it or not, is the oldest. As such he was the guinnea pig for parenting for my folks. I'm sure things changed by the time I came around so thanks for taking the job of experimentee. Also as oldest he was a natural example for his younger siblings. I can certainly attribute some of my love of books and reading to Brett (though Dad and Linda Renner [my 3rd grade teacher] also get credit there too]. Whether or not what I read is appreciated by everyone in the family, I can not deny that it has helped me through the years and without Brett's example I might not read like I do. He was also the fisrt to serve a mission. I was 15 when he came home and was very thrilled and excited to see my older brother. What an example. And now married in the temple to Marsha. Thanks Brett for giving me things to look to in my life. I love ya, Bro.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home