Thursday, October 07, 2004

How Doth the Little Crocodile

*sigh*

The Not-So-Little and Not-So-Much-A-Croc just had a very hard blow. Somehow my browers went "back" when I hit the backspace button so I lost about 8 paragraphs of my mindless prose. I was doing fairly well. I suppose it's not the end of the universe, but what a nuisiance. *grumble*

So to recap the paragraphs in the Reader's Digest version:
1> biiru vs biru as mentioned yesterday - I was right, loads of people thought beer rather than building. Silly people, beer wasn't even on the pages we were told the quiz would cover aside from the pronunctiation difference. This is my first written test I scored 100% on in Japanese.
2> sensee is still not well, hope she feels better soon. With the weekend coming up she should have time to if she's not well tomorrow.
3> Chapter 1 is testing the end of next week. I don't know how it went so fast. I guess it is shorter than the "Getting Started" section, but dang it throws a lot of new info at you (including kanji).
4> From the language lab (60 mins ever 2 weeks min is our assignment) and our workbook I am seeming to understand a lot more than I can actually say. This seems pretty normal for foreign languages and I see it as a good sign, I just want to be able to formulate the sentences too.
5> More practice would help that. I need to find someone to practice with.

I suppose there is one thing that isn't so great about today. It was my visit to the dentist. I don't have a mouth full of dental work which is very good news (especially considering the bad). Alas, my checkup and cleaning cost me nearly 100 bones. No insurance you see. But come ON, 100 bucks so someone can poke at my teeth and gums (which hurts!) and so the dentist can spend 5 minutes or less looking them over to make sure they aren't rotting out of my head? *le sigh* I don't know where I'm going to come up with that 100 bucks, but I guess I will have to.

I did get a lead on a possible job. The lady in my lab section for Physics (have I mentioned her before?) does lab work at a hospital and says they are usually looking for "Transport" which is taking patients from their rooms to various places and back. I did that as a service project in FL for a few months at the Winter Garden Memorial Hospital and it was actually quite fun. So mayhaps I could pick up some hours somewhere and make a few dollars. I'll definitely have to look into it. I suppose I could try the hotel people again, but frankly after being the one to call them (and stop by) the last 6 times of contact, I think I put in the effort and they just aren't interested. So wish me luck (and motivation). It seems like the weeks slip by before I get anything but schoolwork done.

And this weekend is another one with Family. Saturday my nephew, Jesse, is going to be baptized. Lots of family will be in town so I can't count on getting anything done school wise most of that. I'll have to bust my tail even more tomorrow rather than relaxing a bit. Ah well, it isn't every day your nephew get's baptized or your brother and his wife with your nephew you've never met (James Fred) are going to be in town.

Oh yeah -- one more note that just made my laugh. There is a lady in class, we're kinda pals and always team up for group activities. Her name is Carol. She's not old but she's older and is taking the class because she wants to, not because she's looking for a degree. Anyhow, I was talking about Godzilla (again) of course. And wouldn't ya know it, she brings up Rodan. Having just written about how my Grandmother and how she always remembered Rodan it made me laugh. What is it with ladies and Rodan? Anyone want to tackle that one?

Alright, slightly less than an hour before bed time. Guess I'll be off for now.

Kaiju-kaiju. This is Gojira signing off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

I'm a lady and I'm not hung up on Rodan. Hey, I think the job at the hospital sounds perfect for you. Being one who was in the past year wheeled around the sanitized corridors of IHC, I think I can say with some authority that patients would love your friendly, funny, easygoing manner. Go for it, cuz. And please, say hi to all my other cousins who will be in AZ this weekend. It's terrific that there's a family mob gathering. I hope it's a beautiful reunion for everyone. Love ya.

October 8, 2004 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home