Friday, October 01, 2004

The Jaws That Bite, the Claws That Catch!

Hey.

It's somewhere in the vicinity of 11pm. My computer clock isn't accurate and I'm not wearing my watch. I just know it's still Friday and after lying around for an hour not getting to sleep (no crickets so far) I thought maybe if I wrote something that I'd be able to sleep. We shall see.

So what are the Jaws and Claws that Bite and Catch? I suppose for all of us it can be different things. I was thinking about how I didn't actually do any homework afterschool today and was feeling a bit let down in myself. What did I do with the last 12 hours? I got out of Physics at 11 am. Sure, half hour travel home -- ha, like that's any excuse. What kept me from my schoolwork? (I do admit I don't have buckets of it, but I do have enough so that I should have done some of it.)

I did pick up the latest edition of Roger Zelazny's Doors of His Face, Lamps of His Mouth. It has a couple of new additions to this volume that I am not sure I have elsewhere. RZ being on of my favorite authors I deemed it worth the price. I didn't actually look to see if the Last Defender of Camelot is vastly different... more research to do I guess anyhow... So I got that and read about half of it today. Even at a page a minute average, 250 pages takes some time. I goofed around playing Galactic Battle Grounds some. I did talk to a friend on the phone for a bit. Oh, I did watch a movie called Loco Love. On the whole I think Fools Rush In is a better film, but this one wasn't awful.

But all in all -- it seems in retrospect a pretty pathetic way to have spent 12 hours. At least 12 hours when I should have read a chapter of Physics, looked over some Kanji and some vocab and hey -- maybe even walked around the block. Heaven knows (as do I) that I could certainly use the exercise.

What are your Biting Jaws and Catching Claws? What do you do to combat them from getting a grip and taking you for a death roll? I do thank my Heavenly Father for being such a merciful Father. His tolerance for our faults is so beyond my ken. I felt a lot better knowing I would put in some time to things that are more important. I don't think all leisure is a bad thing. 12 hours of it "solid" seem excessive. Not like I'm on vacation in Cozumel or anything like that, ya know.

Alright, guess I'm going to try and hit the sack. I think that at least cleared my mind (or whatever it is between my ears that passes for one). Sleep tight everyone. Don't forget to STOMP!

~Gojira

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home