Monday, October 04, 2004

8-ball in the Corner Pocket or How Tokyo Got Demolished Again

Evenin' Friends, Neighbors and Movie Monsters,

Never fear, Geo, relatives are Friends too. I wouldn't even be against you being a Movie Monster, but I don't suppose Rob would much like to be married to a Monster. Asi es la vida. N'est ce pas?

So I didn't get it all done yesterday as you well know, but today was good. I spent my time between classes bustin out some Japanese, and again after classes in the library. I have 2½ pages of our workbook left due in 8 days. *whew* We do have a vocab quit in a couple of days so I took one of the 3 pages and wrote it all out 5 times each for the ones I just didn't know immediately. Depending on other time tonight I may try and bust out page two the same way. Physics -- I've got all my reading done and no other assignment tonight. We didn't have a lecture today as such, we went over out test.

I didn't do as well as I wanted, but after taking it I did better than expected. I got a B (a low B) but I'm still getting an A in class. Yay! I do have the highest HW grade in class at 105.5% of possible homework points. Also the grade she showed us today does NOT include our lab scores and since I've been doing well there that will help. This doesn't give me room to slack off, however. It does give me a better idea of what to be prepared for. Only one question was a little irritated at the wording. I didn't find it very fair. I guess I should be glad she gave me half the points for it. If I had understood what she was asking I wouldn't have missed it at all. Oh well, I'll be glad for the small blessings of my 80% (class average was 73% and the lowest score was 25%, well for those who took the test). All in all, not the happiest moment of my schooling this semester, but nothing to cry over (yet).

Of my two computer projects due Wednesday I just finished one up so I'm doing alright there too. Being a mere 7:30 as I type I am sure I'll work on something else to get "ahead" or at least not have to do it tomorrow. I know we've got a handwritten composition in Japanese coming up this week. I don't know what it's going to be our Sensei hasn't talked about it yet, but I actually look at the schedule for class. I am amazed at how few do. One fellow in class this morning was pestering me for not telling him we had a Kanji Quiz today. I don't know how I would have told him over the weekend, but he had his schedule like the rest of us. His GF knew. *shrug* Speaking of that -- *crosses fingers* I think I aced it. I have been getting A's on them but making a couple small mistakes each time. This time I think I hit it head on. I really hope so. Always nice to see the results of your effort show up in your grades, no?

Third day in the caffiene-less world. I am really quite amazed I haven't had a headache. *knocks on wood, and steel I-beams, and power plants and anything else within reach* I can't say my body is wholly pleased with me. It most certainly craves the nectar of Pepsi and Dew. I think that's mostly for the sugar even more than the caffiene, but I do feel that. So keep the water bottle handy, I do.

So do a little more school work, and then ... maybe take a little bit of time and read or do something for myself. Oh yeah, I was also very good and ate at home today. It's so easy to go out to eat sometimes, though being very dirt poor I really, really shouldn't be doing it so often. Pizza was calling my name... you could hear it over the explosions of tanks and fighter aircraft... that pepperoni and black olive calling, "Gojira! Gojira!" But I resisted. Getting close to time to go grocery shopping. Probably tomorrow. Loaf of bread, a bit of milk, some of those sorts of things that don't sit well for weeks at a time.

Well I seem to be rambling now. Hope all is well with the rest of you. Further updates whenever I get back to it. Until then, Stomp Well!

~ ゴジラ / Gojira

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home